Saturday, December 15, 2012

Commitment


Isaiah 6:1-8. 

The young prophet Isaiah had an encounter with God.   It is here where we often place the emphasis on his response, "Here am I, send me."   Yet it is what he said two verses earlier that allowed him to get to this point.  “Woe is me, for I am ruined!  Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.”

For Isaiah to be able to present himself to that level of commitment he had to see himself for what he was.   We must see ourselves for what we are.   The answer isn't, "I'm here God.   Tell me what it is specifically that you want me to do." That's our way getting details from God when commitment bears no condition other than our willing obedience.   "I don't care where you want me to go Lord or what you want me to do; just so you use me."

If I cannot see myself for what I am in all my unworthiness I will never be of any use to Him.   When one comes into the presence of Greatness; into the presence of the LORD of hosts, you ARE undone.

When we come to Him believing Him and confessing our sins, He cleanses us of our unrighteousness and it is then and only then that He can send us for His glory.

We dare not trust in our abilities or man to solve the world's problems.  Man is the problem!!!  I have often said, "I don't know what your question about life is but 'Christ' is the answer.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths." Prov. 3:5-6 (HCS)

No comments:

Post a Comment